Minimize industrial production loses and damages with Fire Resistant Anti-Static (FRAS) “Pig’s Tail”™ spiral wrap. Fire Resistant Anti-Static (FRAS) Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap is a conductive thermoplastic compound on a polypropylene base. Special conductive carbon black is used for conductivity.
In addition to being flame retardant, FRAS Pig’s Tail wrap is designed to have low electrical resistance, i.e it prevents hoses and cables bundles to build up electrical charge. It has a good balance of useful and advanced mechanical properties, tested to: AS 2600, AS 1180.10B, AS 1180.13A, MSHA # IC-264/0 standards
FRAS Pig’s Tail is available in varied dimensions.
For more detailed information download FRAS Brochure PTUSA
Key features or benefits of FRAS Pig’s Tail
- Anti-Static and Fire Retardant to prevent accidental flames and sparks in critical environments
- Allows bundling of multiple or single hose according to requirement
- It is made up of strong HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) that provides tough resistance and protection against damages
- Designed and certified to use in mines and underground applications
- Provides flexibility and allows cable routing in nooks and corners
- MSHA (The Mine Safety and Health Administration) certified and approved for safe usage in mines
Typical Application of FRAS (Fire Resistant Anti-Static) Pig’s Tail Spiral Wrap
FRAS Pig’s Tail Spiral Wrap can be ideally used in mines, welding, and drilling, tunneling, quarrying and various manufacturing, automotive, marine, plant machinery industries.